News.

Back

Revised Pay Scale to Government Employees from January 01, 2016

03 Jul 2017
Revised Pay Scale to Government Employees from January 01, 2016

Cabinet Meeting held under the Chief Minister  Shivraj Singh Chouhan decided to sanction revised pay scale for government employees from January 01, 2016. About 14 percent increase will take place in the remuneration of government employees after fixing salaries as per the revised pay scale.

As a result of revised pay scale from January 01, 2016, remaining claims till June 30, 2017 period  will be paid in three equal installments (Every Year in Month of May) from the year 2018-19. Onetime payment of arrears to retired/deceased employees between January 01, 2016 to June 30, 2017 will be paid.  Such government employees who are retired/deceased after June 30, 2017 than onetime payment of remaining arrears will be paid.

Pension as per the defined provisions in Madhya Pradesh Civil Service (Pension) Rule 1976 on the basis of last salary will be fixed for employees retiring after January 01, 2016. A maximum limit of Rs. 20 lakh payable towards gratuity for  government employees retiring on above given date or after under this rule will be kept.  Pension surrender, leave encashment, and current provisions of family pension will be kept as it is.  Monthly amount of Rs. 7750 has been fixed towards minimum pension and family pension except additional pension received by the elderly persons. Maximum limit of pension/family pension will be kept as 50 and 30 percent of  maximum salary received in  revised pay scale respectively.

As a result of salary fixation under the 7th pay scale from July 01, 2016, 2 percent D.A.  and 2 percent D.A. from January 01, 2017, a total of 4 percent dearness allowance will be payable. Travelling Allowance, House Rents, Project Allowance, Denotified areas, Deputation salary,  other allowances and facilities which are linked to basic salary will be payable as per the salary payable in earlier pay scales. A separate decision will be taken to revise the same.

On fixing the salary, burden of about 3828 crore annual expenditure is estimated. An additional expenditure burden of Rs. 2552 crore will come from 7th pay commission from year 2017-18. Moreover, an additional expenditure  burden of Rs. 5742 crore is estimated from the payment of revised pay scale arrears.        

New parameters approved for PWD

 The Cabinet approved new parameters for construction of office building, rest house, circuit house and residential house for employees under the Public Works department, according to clause 4 (A) of the letter dated March 31, 2017, issued by finance department. Similarly, parameters for scheme of major bridges construction, upgradation of major district roads, road construction under Central Road Fund, inter-state of economic importance, major state highways on the basis of cash agreement under cash agreement mode under road development corporation, new construction of important rural roads of the state under minimum requirement programme including major district roads and rural roads were approved.  

Different Decisions for Education

The cabinet gave sanction in principle to Rs 1706.91 crore for proposed expenditure for fee reimbursement for the year 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20 for education to children of deprived and weaker section for free admission for quality education in first standard in non-government aided  private schools under Right to Education Act 2009.

 The cabinet gave its nod to continue scheme to provide laptop to students of class XII who scored 85 percent marks in board of secondary education and those of SC, ST and nomadic and semi-nomadic community, who scored 75 percent or more marks, as incentive for three years starting from the year 2017-18. Sanction was given to Rs 177 crore for estimated expenditure and operation of the laptop scheme for three years to meritorious students.

 The cabinet granted approval in principle to education for all scheme for 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20 due to achievements. The cabinet approved Rs 2047.47 crore for next three years for execution of centre-sponsored national middle education campaign.

Lalbarra group water supply scheme

The cabinet has approved revised administrative sanction of Rs 157.63 crore for Lalbarra Group Water Supply scheme of Balaghat district. Pure drinking water through pipeline will be available through the scheme to 101 villages of Lalbarra development block.

Sardar Sarovar Project

The cabinet endorsed Sardar Sarovar package for evacuating o displaced persons of Sardar Sarovar Project submerged area before July 31, 2017.